Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Betrayal By the Republican Party!

As a Republican I am furious with my party for caving to the Democrats on the Constitutional option and allowing the Democrats to continue their filibuster of judicial nominees. For that is exactly what happened when 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans got together and decided what the entire Senate would do.

This is unforgivable behavior by the Republicans in that group and all need to be driven form the ranks of the Republican Party.

Mr. Frist has just lost his shot at the Presidential nomination just as Mr. McCain lost his. I’d like to see a list of the names of those Republicans who took part in that agreement with the Democrats. I like to see it published so we would all know. We, as a party, need to see that none of the six Republican senators are re-elected. None of them!

The Republican part proved, with this agreement, it does not have what it takes to govern this nation. Not by a long shot. By caving to the Democrats the Republicans lost the Conservatives their shot at securing the Supreme Court for the first time in recent history. This is unforgivable. It is unconscionable. It is distasteful; it is traitorous to the Republican Party.

I am so angry I cannot express it. For once in my life I am at a loss for words to describe my feelings. A word, which does come to mind, is betrayal! I feel betrayed! I wasted my votes thinking I was voting for men and woman with the cahones to get the job done, I was mistaken. When the pressure was applied they folded like a cheap suit. It is disgusting! Utterly disgusting!

My option now is to look around for another party. I’m a lifelong republican, but when the party I have supported and worked so hard for betrays me as they did in this agreement with the democrats, I no longer feel I can remain among them.

We have a Southern Party in the beginnings of development. It is a true conservative party. Maybe they can use an old warhorse, like me. It is obvious the Republicans do not value their conservative supporters.

It will be a long time… a very long time, before this “selling out” of the right wing of the Republican Party, by Republicans is forgotten.


“Longstreet”

2 comments:

Longstreet said...

Thanks for the list!

I was hoping Frist would dump the agreement (his office was quick to make public that he did not agree with the "agreement") and bring all the judicial nominees forward, anyway, and in doing so, force the impositiion of the "Constitutional Option".

We KNOW the Democrats are going to filibuster the conservative judicial nominees... agreement or no. They will not stand still for the confirmatoon of Conservative judges to the Supreme Court and THAT is what this fight was/is about.

I beg to disagree, concerning the need for the "Moderate Vote" to win elections. Frankly, I'd rather lose to the Democrats, in an election, than compromise on something as vital to the future as this issue was/is.

The Republican Party has just been set back 50 years. We had a chance to control all three branches of the governemt and that handful of Republicans sold us out.

Lindsey Graham of South Carolina is an embarassment to the entire South. I surely hope my home state, of South Carolina, will bring him home after this demonstration of his inability to stand and fight. The same goes for John Warner of Virginia. I hope the state of Virginia will treat him accordingly and retire him ASAP.

"Longstreet"

Anonymous said...

I have read Londstreet`s comments and I have yet to undertsand what the repulicans stand for other than wanting to change the constitution to fit their own agendas. The republicans remind me of the Nazi party coming to power and is bent on using thier power not to better the world but to rule it instead. Longstreet writes as though he expects some type of revolution from his beloved republicans and he shows his hatred for the democrates. We all know why the Democrates are hated and primarily from the red states and that is because the Democrates have championed the causes for all Americans to be free and equal.Those who voted for republicans will feel their wrath in the coming years and I gladly will be the one to say "I told you so".Ask yourself one question and that is what have the republicans done for you lately? That answer should be swift becasue it can be said in one word, NOTHING.