Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Where is the Outrage?

Where is the cry of outrage from the American people over the Real ID Act? Where? I hear none. That is worrisome, indeed.

I think The Real ID Act is a rotten piece of legislation! It is an “unfunded mandate” forced upon the 50 states. Now those 50 states must come up with the money to implement it. Where do you suppose they will get the money? From you and I, that’s where. We have the honor of paying for this God-awful piece of legislation.

I hate the idea of a National ID card. Polls have shown I’m in the majority on that, they (The Congress) put this damnable piece of legislation together because they want you, and me, to carry a National ID Card… and they knew we wouldn’t, unless, they made it impossible for us to do otherwise…thus, National Driver’s license! (Don’t kid yourselves, that’s what it is… A National Driver’s License, issued by the state and paid for by you and me!)

Congress deliberately set it up so that if a state refuses to implement it, that state will lose a huge amount of federal dollars.

Dear Reader, I know many of you, and I, come from different points of the political compass, but I believe we join at the point where we do not want to see our freedoms taken away. Where, then, is the outpouring of rage, and anger, at the Federal Government for taking even more of our freedom?


Where is the concern? My Lord, we’re losing our country!

I think there is enough blame to burden both our political parties! I don’t know how much longer I can remain in the Republican Party.

In the past few days I have been made aware of the formation of a new political party. I am informed they have the “money people” with them and there will be a national press conference called toward the end of this year to announce its formation. I’m waiting, with baited breath, to learn more about it. If it is a conservative party, I will consider leaving the Republican Party.

I love freedom entirely too much to belong to a group, any group, which will take it away!

But, you know, the apathy of the American people is as much to blame, if not more so, than either the Democratic Party, or the Republican Party. Neither would have the power to push something like this thru if the people would rise up and scream “Hell, No”!

I fear for my country!

Your Obedient Servant,

“Longstreet”
Fellow Republicans: Below is the list of Senate Republicans who sold the Republican Party out with their “agreement” with the Democrats on the filibuster of Conservative Judicial Nominees.Republicans: Lincoln Chafee (Rhode Island) 08, Susan Collins (Maine) 08, Mike DeWine (Ohio) 06, Lindsey Graham (South Carolina) 08, John McCain (Arizona) 08, John Warner (Virginia) 08, Olympia Snowe (Maine) o6.The next election is next year. You know how to vote. Your choice is “clear cut”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pal, join the ACLU, if you see corectly they represent personal freedoms! I am so far left of your beliefs you'd get whip-lash trying to see them. But I also hate this idea, I hate the idea of a state liscense, unless you drive for profit. This is the easiest way for BIG BROTHER to start tracking your, my, everyone's movements in our country, besides "ON STAR" and cell phones that use GPS. The Democrats, I observed stood for more freedoms of individuals, wether or not you agree with those freedoms is another story. On the other hand, the Right always seems to expand govermnet and corporate power over individuals through deception and a false illusion of Christian beliefs. Longstreet, I would love to continue the debate with you. I think we could learn alot from each other. It's God first, America and each other 2nd. And by honoring America and each others' rigths, and taking care of our responsablities to those who truly do not have it as good as us in this land and abroad we too serve God, by wichever name you use to call God. Remeber Jesus died for all mans sins, we can't be foregiven if we can't forgive, it is easier for a camel to pass throught the eye of the needle than it is for a rich man to enter my fathers kingdom. God gave us free will and freedom and so should our government!