Tuesday, February 07, 2006

John McCain Cannot Win in 2008! So, Drop It!

Once more… I will attempt to make it as clear as I possibly can… John McCain cannot win the South in 2008. Without the South he cannot win the Presidency.

It is a sure bet, that if the Republicans select John McCain as their "banner carrier" in the Presidential Election in ’08, and… the Democrats choose Mrs. Bill Clinton… the Democrats will win and we will have another Clinton, an abomination, in the White House again.

The SC primary in 2000 was but a foretaste of what is to come if... the Republicans try to force McCain upon us. It will be a total defeat.

Let me try, once again, to make something the “Big Brains” in the Republican Party continue to miss, or… simply do not want to deal with.


It was reported in the press, back in 2000, that McCain won every demographic group in South Carolina but the Conservative Christians.

And he lost!

First, every demographic group in South Carolina, except the Christian Conservatives, is TINY. Secondly, it’s that way throughout the South.

Now, if the RNC does not take notice of this fact, and it is a fact, we are going to lose the White House in 2008. It is just that simple.

I see no favorites on the Republican political horizon as of today. I am a Southern Christian Conservative Republican and there is no one who gets me excited about the election. Nobody… yet.

Do not, I repeat, do not hand us a choice of the northeastern country club elite. We will turn him, or her, down flat. Giuliani, Pataki, Romney, none have a snowballs chance in Hades, in August, of getting the support of Southern Republicans. It ain’t gonna happen.

You can stop the tut-tuting. It is a matter of honor for Southern Conservatives and… we will lose the White House, if we must, to avoid voting for the lesser of two evils. (We consider the lesser of two evils still EVIL!) We are not knowingly going to commit that sin.

So, Republicans have a problem on their hands. Give us a candidate we can support and we’ll put him, or her, in the White House. If not, then YOU’LL put Mrs. Bill Clinton in the White House!


Longstreet

7 comments:

Bradley Herring said...

Yeah, God forbid we have another Clinton in office. Those eight years of peace, safety, and a healthy, booming economy were just TERRIBLE, weren't they? Heaven forfend we go back to that kind of a country!

Anonymous said...

The economy is growing faster now than it was under Clinton. Plus, had the Clinton Administration done it's National Security job, 9/11 would never have happened!

As an aside... I getting sick and tired of seeing Bill Clinton on the same stage as G.W. Bush! Take note RNC!

Anonymous said...

Hey 9/11 didn't happen when Clinton was in office, and intelligence was turned over to Bush on Osama and he blew it off. I think he wanted 9/11 to happen so the pipeline in Afghanistan could be built. The economy only appears to be growing faster, good paying jobs were lost. So bad were they lost in fact that they have to classify working in McDonalds or othe fast food places as manufacturing jobs. It only appears to be growing because it slid so far down. Bill Clinton was the best President of my time (I only remember back to Carter, I am 36). Reagan is one of my favorite republicans (He's dead, and can't ruin the country anymore.)

Anonymous said...

Powell is far too liberal and Moore is far to fundamentalist (Religious Fundamentalist) to be elected.

Powell is a nice guy, but unelectable. He knows it.

Moore troubles me. I don't like the idea of anyone using their religion as a stepping stone to fame or public office.

I don't want a theocracy anymore than Longstreet, or most Americans, left or right, want.

I can dream that Dick Cheney will change his mind and stand for the Presidency. I don't think he will, but he was my choice in 2000. I thought the Republican ticket was backwards then.

Longstreet said...

NOW, we're in agreement, Nick!

Anonymous said...

You have a "religious" clown in there now. you can't get anymore right wing than this idiot, (he makes Hitler look like a libritarian). I like
Colen, he resigned after it came out that the information he presented to the U.N. was a lie. I think mayde Clinton-Powell would be a great ticket. I think a good liberal would cut the useless government spending on illegal wire-taps, civilian survailance, and scrap the D.H.S., after they failed miserably after Katrina.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Mr. Frank. You guys are a couple of generations from getting back into the White House.

Rants like yours make the Republicans case for them. The visceral hate you have is eating you and your party up.

I see hate like this in own two peoples: Muslims and Democrats.

I wish I could feel sorry for you, but I can't get past the wall you have erected.

Sir, if you think the American people are going to put a party back in power that carries on the way your's does, you are sadly mistaken.