Saturday, July 01, 2006

Democrats and Grown-ups!

Democrats and Grown-ups !

(Impeachement is rearing it's ugly head again. Some of the MSM outlets were speculating
recently whether the Dems would try pushing, once again, for impeachment after the most recent Supreme Court ruling concerning military tribunals. Back in February, This post ran for the first time. It seems timely to run it again!)

Something has been scratching at me until it has created a sore spot and I need relief. So I’m going to unload.

Those of you who are insistent upon impeaching the President… listen closely!

You go ahead with your plans and the Republicans can guarantee you that your next President will find himself, or herself, in the dock of the Senate being impeached and hounded from office. Two can play at that game.

I’m gonna break my own rule here, because I am royally P.O’ed.

You Democrats are forgetting the most important aspect of any fight, political, or otherwise. Down South we spell it out explicitly: It is: “When you go after ass… you take ass with you!The Military puts it this way. “When you find the enemy within range of your guns, remember… you are within range of theirs!”

Look, you can’t impeach a president because he embarrasses you! You seem to forget that he may embarrass you… but not the remainder of the country! You see, everything is NOT always about you!

I disagree, a great deal, I mean... a great deal, with this President. But I am not going to make a fool of myself by calling for the impeachment of the President just because he does things I don’t like! Mr. Bush never again has to face the voters. Neither does Mr. Cheney. Remember, a knee jerk reaction to Mr. Nixon's antics gave us Jimmy Carter. Carter proceeded to make the Oval Office a joke. The next Democrat President made it a "DIRTY" joke. Yes, the Democrat Presidential record is less than sterling.

But, if you insist on pressing the ridiculous impeachment plans, it is going to blow up in your collective faces and you will find yourselves out of power in this country for an even longer period than the generation (30 years) I see now. As of this moment the American voter is less than pleased with either party. They continue to wait for the Democrat party to put forth some plans for America, just one plan, on anything would do for a start! But, you see, that would take intelligence and sober thinking, and the Democrat party finds itself frighteningly short on both! Not to mention... it is a lot less work to stand on the sidelines and snipe away at those who actually try to work for America rather than against her.

You are on extremely thin ice, as it is. The American public, by and large, are fed up with your bitching and moaning, and “woe is me” attitude, and your constant, continuous, efforts to belittle and embarrass this country at every turn.

If the Sedition laws, which were repealed in the 1920’s, were still in effect, the jails would be packed with you.

Now, let me make this as clear as I know how. I take responsibility for my vote! Yes, I voted for President Bush! Yes, given the same choice as the Democrat’s provided in the past two elections, I’d do it again… in a heartbeat… and so would the majority of Americans. So, DEAL WITH IT!

I’m tired of the whining, the childish behavior, the threats, the obfuscation, your hate of our military, your lack of faith in America, your tolerance of ONLY THOSE WHO AGREE WITH YOU, your bigotry, your racism, your smarmy “we’re smarter than you” attitude, your animalistic moral code of “anything goes”, your hatred of religion, your tree-hugging paganism, your human secularism, your vacuous, empty platitudes, your filthy-mouthed ranting, and… well, I could go on, but that’s enough for now.

When you Democrats get your house in order, if you can, and decide to join the “grown-ups” in governing this great land, then we’ll deal with you. Until then, we’d appreciate it if you’d just keep quiet and allow those with the attitude, and the aptitude, to run the country.

When you have something to offer, and can present it in a less than juvenile way, then we’ll listen. Until then, forget it!

Longstreet

7 comments:

Pat in NC said...

Well said. The polls show Congress has less positive support than President Bush. We have a slim majority of Repubs so the Dems speak as if all the negative belongs to the Repubs. Sorry Dems, I am disappointed by the Dems lack of support for the WOT, the obstructionism of judicial appointments and the constant criticism of GWB while we are at war. As an Independent, I will not vote for the do nothing, plan nothing obstructionist Dems. Show leadership in providing security to America, stand for moral standards and stop pandering to those looking for a government handout and I may reconsider my vote.

Longstreet said...

Pat: You sound as though you might be my LONG, LOST, Sister!!!
Heard you folks had a bit of a trembler up your may a few days ago. Everyone OK?

TexasFred said...

The Dems seem to forget one thing, you have to commit a CRIME to be impeached... And as much as I disagree with 'some' of the decisions GWB makes, he has, to MY knowledge, broken no laws...

Longstreet said...

High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Pat in NC said...

We are okay, thanks for asking. Glad to have you as a brother.

Opinionnation said...

Spot on assessment of the Dems. However, with all of the anxiety voters have about putting a liberal in office, president Bush is making it easier and easier for it to happen. It seems to me that he has just given up on a lot of issues.

Longstreet said...

"It seems to me that he has just given up on a lot of issues."
*******************
SOMETHING has certainly caused him to back off! He doesn't seem to have the fire in the belly anymore.