Monday, March 27, 2006

Enough is Enough! Seal the Border with Mexico, NOW!

Illegal Immigration is swamping the US. The government seems set on doing nothing of any substance about illegal immigration, so the states will have to take matters into their own hands and seal their borders themselves with the aid of each state’s National Guard troops.

This may well be one of the powers left to the states by the constitution. It needs to be checked.

Someone has suggested that each southern border state drop back a half mile, or a mile, from the actual border of Mexico and erect a fence or wall which would interlock with their neighboring state’s wall, or fence, and create a second border within each state. Check points could be set up and manned by Guardsmen, and the fence could be patrolled by each state’s (armed) National Guardsmen.

The second border would create a no-man’s land within which illegals, getting past the US Border Patrol, would be trapped. In the southwestern desert, this may entail some deaths on the part of the illegals.

Those who do get through both fences, and are captured, should be assigned to work camps, set up in the southwestern desert, for ten to fifteen years and be forced to work at hard labor until their sentence is complete. Then, they should be transported back to Mexico, or whatever their country of origin.

It may well seem far fetched, and even hard, but it’s coming, or something very like it, is coming.

Let’s face it, the two, political parties, in power now, will not do anything about illegal immigration. They have their reasons. The Democrats see the illegals as voters and the Republicans see them as cheap labor. Cuts to the quick, doesn’t it? But, there you have it.

It has become clear the only relief we folks in the southern states will get is relief we get for ourselves by taking matters into our own hands.

The US Border Patrol is ineffective, period. We need “state troops” on the borders of each state bordering Mexico. Armed state troops.

Americans need to say no to any amnesty program for illegals already in the country. Round them up and intern them for fifteen or twenty years.

We know how to stop this flood of illegals across our border and we have the capability. What our political leaders lack is the will to do what needs to be done.

Enough is enough!

Let’s have a candidate for President who has the cajones to run on stopping illegal immigration. He, or she, already has my vote!

Longstreet

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some questions on this issue. I for one believe something needs done so do not mistake my questions for anything other than a quest for knowledge on this issue.
1.) What about the Cuban Refugees that wash up on the Florida coast?

2.) do they get refugee or assylum status?

3.) If They do, what is stopping people from doing the same at the Mexican border?

4.) and this one is a political one, Remember Aleon Gonzalus.... hossier don't start on my spelling I don't have time to look stuff up.... an how people were freaked out because his father wanted him back in Cuba with him?

Like I said I just need some enlightenment, if you could Mr. Longstreet.

Anonymous said...

"Let’s have a candidate for President who has the cajones to run on stopping illegal immigration. He, or she, already has my vote!"

Really, Bill Clinton sent 1 back! You neo cons were all p.o''d over that one. you guys are such flip-floppers!

Longstreet said...

The Cubans Must make it to the shore UNASSISTED. Then, and only then, can they remain in the States.

Plus, they are escaping a communist country. Mexico is not a communist country. Believe it, or not, it is a democracy.

I haven't really thought about it, but those Cubans who DO make it to shore.. I really don't know if they are classified as refugees, or if they are eligible to seek asylum. My guess is either, or both.

Good question!

OK, who out there has CORRECT the answer???

Longstreet said...

"Really, Bill Clinton sent 1 back! You neo cons were all p.o''d over that one. you guys are such flip-floppers!"
*******************

Yes, I absolutely must concede that Bill Clinton sent one back... a CHILD into the clutches of a Communist Dictator!!

Anonymous said...

O.K. more questions Mr. Hoosier, I appologize for the misspell my fingers move faster than my brain, I am not a typist.
By making it a fellony would our government not be sticking guns in the faces of more women and children?

Would we not be filling our prisons and spending our tax dollars to imprison said fellons?

and by imprisoning said adults would our government not be "orphaning" children on our system anyway?

I just think that such questions should be asked and answered by those in the "know". It just seems funny that the debate over guest workers, what's best for our companies and people to find cheap labor and NO ONE has asked what it will actually cost in the terms of the human toll.
I also remit Mexico is not a true democracy, there is a ruling class and a ruled class. If it were a true democracy and people had true ability to move up in class there would be no need to secure our borders from them. Maybe our best actions would be to "discuss" social and economical change in Mexico. How many Canadians run to our country illegaly every year? I am not saying zero, but it can't be too many, it doesn't make the news.

Anonymous said...

oh by the way i hated no teachers except the ones that everyone called "coach" because instead of class all you talked about was the last game or the next game..... All the Rah rah rah crap!

Longstreet said...

Frank, there are classes in every society. It's the way of mankind. It's a failing we all have.

There is one sure way to secure that border, and that is to annex Mexico, with force of arms if necessary.(Again!) Then, of course, we'd have the NEW southern border to defend!

I have read that there were plans, among the Confederates, to push south (if they were victorious in the war with the Union). Mexico would have been invaded and taken. Then, the plans... as I remember, were to push as far south through Central America as was possible.

Many of the Confederate officers (Northern Officers, too.) had experience in Mexico in the late 1840's. It was not as outlandish a scheme as it might appear today.

Longstreet said...

Amen, brother Nick! Preach it, Bro, Preach it!

I couldn't agree more!

Longstreet

Anonymous said...

Frank,
If you didn't hate ANY of your teachers, YOU are a better man than
I am. I had one in particular. Mr.
********, my freshman English teacher, was IMPOSSIBLE!!! However, looking back, he was PROBABLY the best teacher I had!

Anonymous said...

to Hoosier,
I attended Catholic School from Pre-K to 9th grade at J.F.K. Highscool and in the 10th grade decided I wanted to grow my hair and have a shot at public schools and "Talked" my parents into sending my to my local highschool. I noticed a big decline in the number of competant teachers in public schools. I was also (happy for it) that I had no nuns for teachers....... my blistered and bloody palms finally healed. (I have and always will be a hellyun) Being a hoosier I take it you are a Big Ten college football fan. Well i live in the heart of Jim Tressel land (O.S.U. head coach) and I am a long time University of Michigan fan......... long time bucking the system.... anybody's system!