Friday, April 07, 2006

Message to My Senators


I sent the following e-mail to both my Senators first thing this morning:

Dear Senator ******:

Please do not support, nor vote for, the Senate Immigration Bill which came out of committee yesterday (4-6-05).

I am against any bill, which does not secure the border, refuse amnesty to those in our country illegally, and does not build a fence, or wall, along the US border with Mexico.

I’d also like to see the illegals, already in the US, rounded up and deported, or incarcerated.

Senator, I am a life long Republican, now in my sixties, and I am on the verge of leaving the Republican party due it’s weak leadership and refusal to acknowledge the Conservative Republicans who put the Republicans in charge of the Congress and the Presidency.

Please understand that we plan to withdraw that support in the November election this year and, the general election in November of 2008. It seems the only way to get the attention of the GOP. We understand this will lead to a sweep of both elections, by the Democrats, and… allow them to regain control of both houses of Congress and the office of the President. But, that will be our (the conservative's) gift to the Democrat party.

If the Republicans wish to regain our favor, they can start by securing the Southern border with Mexico, remove any vestige of amnesty in a new immigration bill, deport, or incarcerate, those in this country illegally, stop the wildfire growth of government, cut the spending, and take charge of both the House and the Senate and run them, rather than allow the Democrats to run them as the weak Republican leadership, in both houses, has allowed so far.

The GOP will have six years to get their Senate act in order and 2 to 4 years to get it straightened out in the House and Presidency.

In closing, allow me to add that many of the conservative Republicans are considering the creation of a third party, a Conservative Party, which, we feel, will draw conservatives from both the Democrat and Republican parties.

Senator, I have been a Republican since I turned 21 and was allowed to register to vote, the first time, in South Carolina. Now, some 40 odd years later, I have never experienced my party so rudderless, so weak, so ineffectual, as it is today. This is not conducive to maintaining your conservative base. Sir/Madam, we are leaving!

I respectfully ask that you transmit my feelings, as expressed here, to the leadership of the GOP. Remind them that mine is but one voice among millions of conservatives set to jump ship.

Sincerely,




3 comments:

TexasFred said...

Here we go with that "Great Minds" thing again...

My email to Sen. Frist this AM...

web_loafer said...

Great letter, and one millions should be sending. I am looking around for the third party that I know is about to surface. Yes, congress is going to the Democrat's, and Hillary will be in the white house again in 2009, but I am tired of the lies of the Republican Party.

Longstreet said...

WELL SAID, Fred!

We need to flood the Senate with such e-mail until they get some sense up there!