Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Don't Challenge me!

Dear Commenters: Please understand that it is not necessary to "challenge" me to induce me to publish your comments. It makes no difference to me, at all. If I think your argument is well written, well argued, lacks vulgarity and heavy profanity, it will be published. The fact that you may disagree with me makes "zero" difference to me. I do not expect everyone to agree with me. I am not THAT conceited!! It would be a sorry, and boring, place to live if that EVER occurred.

Thanks for your comments… and keep ‘em coming!


Oh, one other thing. Your comments were slow to be posted yesterday afternoon, and overnight, due to extremely bad weather moving through my area. I was offline for the bulk of the day.

Longstreet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My apologies, from the general tone of your blog and the propaganda on the right I jumped to a conclusion which was not warranted.
I have come across many blogs which take your political stance in the past and will not brook any disagreement. Which stifles any daebate and strips the very word democracy of its meaning.
I retract the last statement in my comment on the previous post and consider my wrist slapped.

Longstreet said...

Mandrill: Glad to have you back.

Look, I undestand what you are saying about other sites, and if that is the way they choose to run their sites... then that is fine by me.

I grew up in a family with diverse opinions. We were forever disagreeing with each other. It was practically a way of life.

I have no problem with someone having a different opinion than me. That's healthy. God knows, I am FAR from right all the time. In fact, I daresay I am wrong a large percentage of the time. But, as my Dad used to say of me: "It doesn't seem to matter to him (meaning me) that he doesn't know what he's talking about!"

Many of my closest friends are diametically opposed to my political opinions and the stances I take on practically everything. But, we are still friends.

I reserve the right to "call 'em as I see 'em"... and I sorta feel like I ought to let others sound off when they disagree with me. Occasionally, I'll fire back. That's to be expected, also.

In any event, glad you found us and welcome aboard.

Best regards,

Longstreet

Anonymous said...

I will say this, Longstreet you almost always post my comments, les I use too many fowl or obsene comments, or just say something even I know I shouldn't have said, (He keeps the C.I.A. from my door) but You are fair and your discretion, from what I know of my posts that sometimes don't make it is great. And after all, it is YOUR blog, I just like trying to help people see the other side, sometimes with a rash explanation, sometimes with rashness I understand why you feel the way you do on somethings.