By John Hawkins
Last year, when a Republican candidate should have waltzed to victory, Mitt Romney got his teeth knocked in by a man who could fairly be called the single least competent American President in history. This beating had very real consequences.
1) Barack Obama feels empowered: Liberals are always vulgar in defeat and hubristic in victory, but Barack Obama has become so toweringly arrogant that it wouldn't be a surprise if he were getting himself fitted for a crown. He's acting as if he expects to have anything and everything he wants handed to him on a silver platter and if anything gets in his way, he'll simply shred the Constitution, ignore the law, or issue an executive order and dare the Republican Party to do something about it.
2) The Republicans In Congress have lost their nerve: Republicans on the Hill have turned into a pack of cringing dogs since the election. They've lost the will to fight on spending cuts, they're seriously considering an amnesty for illegal aliens and Karl Rove and his establishment pals at American Crossroads are now planning to target conservatives in Republican primaries. There's not a single issue where you can trust the Republicans in Congress to hold the line because they've lost confidence in themselves, the people who elected them, and conservatism.
3) The conservative grassroots is demoralized: Conservatives haven't lost faith in their principles, but they've started to wonder if the country has passed a tipping point. Do we have too many takers and not enough makers? Is the Republican Party so hopelessly incompetent that it's time to give in? What's the point of fighting to help the country when the Republicans we have in office are just going to let us down yet again? Are we fiscally doomed no matter what we do?
4) The Democrats want to take our guns away: The Democrats are following Rahm Emanuel's cynical advice to the hilt and are determined to "Never let a crisis go to waste." There's not a gun control bill on the table that would do anything to stop another Sandy Hook, but the point is disarming the American people, not stopping massacres. Since the Democrats can't get away with banning guns....yet, their goal is to limit the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding Americans as much as humanly possible.
5) The Democrats are overreaching: Less than three years after the worst defeat they’ve suffered in fifty years, the Democrats are acting like the whole country has become another San Francisco. Their message to Republicans? Go to hell! To Independents? We don't need you anymore! To even moderate Democrats? This isn't your party anymore. Meanwhile, "In nine of the ten sixth-year Congressional elections since 1910, the president’s party has lost seats in the Senate and in the House. The average loss in the Senate has been 8.6 seats and in the House it was 30 seats." In other words, if we play it smart, we are poised to have a monster year in 2014 that could increase our margin in the House and put the Senate back in Republican hands.
This is why we're organizing Day of Resistance rallies all across the country. Barack Obama, the Democrats, and even the Republicans in Congress need to be reminded that the Tea Party is still here and those of us in the grassroots are not sitting down, shutting up, or giving in. That goes double for Americans who care about their Second Amendment rights. The Democrats believe they can demonize gun owners and try to take your guns away without having to worry about any consequences at the ballot box. We need to show them that they're wrong.
We're off to a good start. This effort, which was begun by Dustin Stockton of Western Representation PAC and The Tea Party.net is less than two weeks old, but we're already getting close to the 100 rally mark and dozens of new protests are being added every day. Tiffiny Ruegner of Women Warrior's PAC has even done a press conference promoting the event in front of Diane Feinstein’s office.
Want more information? Keep an eye on Right Wing News and The Tea Party News Network. Want to help? Share the videos (here and here or the graphics), forward, tweet and email this column, volunteer to help, or sign up to organize a rally at http://dayofresistance.com/
Folks, I am proud to be one of the people who has been helping to get these protests off the ground from the very beginning and I want you to be there with me because I absolutely believe that this will be the moment when the conservative comeback for 2014 begins. We're going to have hundreds of peaceful conservative rallies all across the country and unlike the Occupy movement, we'll be showered, we won't be breaking the law, and we won't need any "rape free zones" to make women feel safe at our rallies. This is going to be the moment when the conservative movement stops backing up. This will be the time when law abiding Americans send a resolute "No more" to the gun grabbers in Congress. This will be the day when the retreat that started with Mitt Romney's loss ends and the conservative movement once again starts to resist!
John Hawkins is a professional writer who runs Right Wing News, Linkiest, and PicaQuote. He's also the co-owner of the The Looking Spoon. You can read more from John Hawkins on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, and at Pajamas Media.
VISIT J. D. Longstreet's "INSIGHT on Freedom" Face Book Page!!: (Just click on the link for more conservative commentary by J. D. Longstreet and other popular conservative writers!)