Thursday, June 08, 2006

Army Officer Refuses Orders to Iraq



A 1st Lieutenant in the US Army
has refused to serve in Iraq.

Now, I have heard it all! Had I done that in wartime, I would have been legally shot! And I should have been! Not now, though. This LT will become a hero of the Looney Left.

Refusing a lawful order is, well, unforgivable… at least it used to be… in the OLD ARMY!

I distinctly remember being told, by my superiors, that if I suspected an order was illegal, I was required to carry it out FIRST, then question it through the Chain of Command.

Texas Fred, over at “Ace in the Hole”, has an excellent post on this story. We recommend you go to:

http://texas-freds-house.blogspot.com/2006/06/army-officer-refuses-iraq-duty.html

…. and read Fred’s thought on it.

Hopefully this will end in a Court Martial and the proper punishment meted out.

An example must be set for any soldier, in the future, who might choose to take the same path.

We’ll be watching this with great interest, as this kind of behavior, in wartime, is VERY different from the same behavior in peacetime.


Longstreet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You idiot president went AWOL during Vietnam.... and you voted for him, and you believed the lies of the "Swift boat morons". I only wish you guys held the republicans up to the same standards. And the war was fought over a lie therefore the orders are illegal and following them would be immoral and he is brave for being willing to pay the earthly price for obeying his moral calling by a higher power. My thoughts, prayers and support are with him and his family. I am sure it was not an easy decision, it's not like W. who was "coking it up" and refused to take a physical and got grounded adn didn't report to a base here in this country.