Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What To Do About North Korea???


This Post First Ran in May of 2005!
***************************************
The DPRK. What to do about this rogue state?

The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. Even the name sounds phony, like something from a “B” movie of the 1950’s.

Anyway, the “nut” they have running that country is liable to do anything… at anytime. He is about as unpredictable as they come. Sane people have a difficult time making any plans to counter his because he is so erratic.

The thing the US must concentrate on now is the PDRK’s ability to hit the western coast of the US with nuke-loaded missiles. If he doesn’t have them at this precise moment, he will shortly, and he will hit the US at the first possible moment. He’s that smart!

Don’t you just love it when they call President Bush a “cowboy”? So do I. It is hilarious! They have no idea that to call an American a “Cowboy” is the highest praise!

So, what do we do about the PDRK?


Blockade them ASAP. The ships should be nearby and the US aircraft should be close enough to fly sorties along North Korea’s borders. Our trip-wire troops in South Korea should be put on highest alert, because chances are “The Nut” will strike out as soon as he realizes we have called his bluff. The US military must be ready.

There are expectations that sometime this month PDRK will test fire a nuclear bomb, or a nuclear warhead. The US is keeping a close eye on their preparations to do just that. In the meantime, I have no doubt US ships and aircraft are already enroute to set up the blockade. Now, the President will probably go before the UN and formerly ask them to join us in our blockade, which I firmly expect them to refuse, putting another nail in the coffin lid of that now dead organization. Then, we’ll go ahead and set up the blockade… just as we intended in the first place.

Every ship leaving any North Korean port must be stopped, boarded and searched, and either turned back, or sunk. If it has no nuclear material on board it may be allowed to continue to its destination. Every aircraft leaving North Korea must be turned back. If it is a military aircraft, and it refuses to comply with orders to turn back… it must be shot down.

I am aware this will, in all likelihood, begin a shooting war with North Korea. Better now than later… when they actually have “the bomb”.

That little pip-squeak of a state (I won’t dignify it by calling it a nation) has been a thorn in the flesh of the remainder of the world for much too long. Now it must be cleaned out, much as one would clean out a rat’s nest.

Now, don’t expect a push over as in Iraq. When US troops invade North Korea. The Koreans will fight. They have a history of standing, and fighting, to the last man. So, we will take a fair amount of casualties. But, in the end, the result will be a victory for US troops.

You may have noted I refer to no troops of other nations fighting alongside the US. We must get used to the idea that we are in this alone. The US has become the lone policeman of the world… by default. Like the town marshal in the old movie ‘High Noon”, the US will have to meet the world’s enemies all by itself. Because we are an honorable people, we will do what we have to do.

Look, when another nation, threatens to take out the west coast of the US, they had better know, we will take them out at the very earliest opportunity. The opportunity to remove North Korea, as a threat, to anyone, is fast approaching.

We will not miss this chance. North Korea is toast!

“Longstreet”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father was in Korea (radio operator in the Army). I know, I know, sometimes I'm a little rough on our armed forces.... My grand father fought against Germany in WWI, uncles in WWII. My whole families views on the military changed during 'Nam, I just take it "Over the Top" at times.... O.K. back on topic, I am not the History knowledge base that you are ole buddy, but I recall that the Korean War was never declared as over. We have a "Sease-Fire" as opposed to an "End of Hostilities" declaration or what ever they (the leaders) go by. So in affect we are still at war with them aren't we? And the agreement about the 32? parrallel (on the globe) as the "line in the sand" that neither side can cross or it is considered an act of agression. They can strike now while we are myred down in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I fear the U.S. citizenry and the world may not trust G.W. after the W.M.D. debacle. That is why when you do go into conflict armed, you have to know all the facts..... I remember Cheney saying, "We know for a fact that Sadam has nukes.", And Rumsfeld, "We know exactly where his (Sadam's) weapons are."

Anonymous said...

Let me restate.... Not critical of the soldiers, critical of the ones giving the orders.... and also understand Korea is a war we need to finish! Iraq is a war we shouldn't have started! Afghanistan needs delt with seriously! Iran can quickly become a problem. I as a liberal and contrary to popular belief do not oppose wars, just wrongly misrepresented ones. When young people put their lives on the lines they and we need to know what for.

Longstreet said...

Frank, et al: I can't understand why you have so much trouble figuring out why we are in Iraq! I have never had any problem undestanding it and I have never been confused by it.

Before Bush was elected, the first time, friends, and family, sat around in the den of my home discussing the war we knew was coming, with Iraq, if Bush was elected. We were all for it. and we voted for him. Hell, it was an open secret.

Now... maybe this is a Southern thing... but here's the way it works down here: You try to kill my father, and I am going to come after you, any way, at any time, and with whatever I can get my hands on! It's that simply.

If Saddam have never raised his hand against the US, or his neighbors, I would have been all for the US attacking and taking the SOB down! As we did.

Now... add all the above to the absolute fact that Iraq was an "unfinished war". We had a time out during the Clinton Adminsitration simply because they, meaning the Clinton Administration, had absolutely no idea what to do with, or how to use a military. Zip, Zero! Nada!(For evidence of that see Somalia!) So the gaping wound from the Gulf War One was left to fester.

Bush decided to lances it and burn out the corruption. That's what we are doing.

So, rather than be confuzed about the Iraq war, I know why we are there, I know what we are doing there, I know we will come out in 40 to 50 years, long after we established a HUGE military base there, which, I am informed, is already under construction, and I know we are not going to disengage with the Islamic nations of the Middle East for many, many decades to come.

It is just that clear to me and I have no problem with it.