Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Only God Can Save Us Now!


Only God can Save us Now!

A “tip of the hat” to our friends over at ”News, Views ‘n Opinions”. I have to agree with them; this country is in for a rude awakening.

Read the entire post at:

http://newsviewsnopinions.blogspot.com/2006/11/it-looks-like-democrats-are-going-to.html

Over the past year, I posted post after post, ad nausium, referencing the GOP‘s abandonment of Conservatives and the cost they would pay for it. I even went so far as to send copies to both my GOP Senators and, Senator Frist, the Senate Majority leader. And yet, the GOP continued on their merry way right down that well-worn path to destruction. They continued to look, for all the world, like better groomed versions of the Democrat liberals in the Congress.

One of my favorite presidents of all time was Harry Truman. That surprise you? He was, of course, a Democrat. Harry was probably the Last REAL Democrat President. In any event, Truman was disgusted at the Congressional Democrats, during his administration, for acting far too much like Republicans to suit him. He said something I have remembered down through all these years. He admonished his own party by saying: “If you give the voters a choice between fake Republicans and real Republicans, they take the real Republicans every time!” He was absolutely correct . It is still true today. And that explains the Republicans embarrassing loss in

the election. The electorate had a choice between fake Democrats and real Democrats and they chose, as they always do, the real Democrats!

The Republicans, on the right in the GOP, have been warning the GOP for months now. But to no avail. Tuesday all those dire predictions came true and GOP has paid the price.

Conservatives have no leader in Washington. President Bush is not a conservative, His father G.H.W. Bush was not a conservative, either. If you remember, Bush one was sent home after only one term in office.

Now, let's be clear about this. John McCain is NOT A CONSERVATIVE! At best he is a moderate and at worse he is a liberal. But he IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE. So, McCain has no chance of carrying the south in 2008. He can hang it up! If the Republican Party has any desire to win in 2008 they will give us a clear Conservative candidate, or simply not bother to waste the time and money in a race with a democrat, most likely Mrs. Bill Clinton and Berak Obama.

Where will we find such a Consesrvative candidate. I, frankly, don't know. Personally, I'm looking at Newt Gingrich, of Georgia, and J.D. Hayworth, of Arizona, as the conservative couple to field for President and Vice President, respectively, in 2008.

Too early you say? Not by a long shot! On Election Day, I received a survey, by US Mail, from a Conservative think tank, asking what I want to see in a conservative presidential candidate for 2008. I'm thinking of writing, in huge red letters, diagonally across the page, these words: "CONSERVATIVE, DAMNIT!" and sending it back in. Why? Because... I don't believe the GOP has gotten the message YET!. Conservative Republicans win! Conservative issues win! Don't believe it? Look at the Democrat candidates who won last week. They are moderate, to conservative, Democrats.

If there is a US government left to vote for in November of 2008, the GOP had better toe the line for the Conservatives. Or, they will find themselves relegated to the wilderness for another 40 years.

Longstreet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm looking at Newt Gingrich, of Georgia,
******************************
I used to work in Leetonia, Ohio, you might ask what does that have to do with Newt? Well his second wife is from there, everyone there just seems to pretend to be republican. The sad truth about Newt is, and it won't make the light of day on the MSM, is he served his first wife with divorice papers while she was sick (in the hospital).... That is just spineless and wimpy. I don't think Sir, that you want that kind of person running the country. Barak Obama, while being moderate to center left, not politically what you'd like, has character. I hang out here and read your posts sir, because I feel you have character, and it saddens me to see some of the people you give your loyalty too. I view the difference between Dems. and Repubs. in a more simple way than liberal and conservative, simply: Dems. support ideas of every man for the common good. Republicans support ideas of every man for himself. Both have a way with getting into your pockets, (taxes) always will happen, it's what they do with those taxes that I oppose. Simply saying to a mother of 3, you have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps in one sentence, then cutting taxes for companies like Exxon Mobile, or wiping out tax cuts for people who pay tuition for their kids to go to college. I guess I'm more of a humanitarian that a corporatist.

Longstreet said...

Thank you, sir! Character and Honor are the two qualities I value above all others.

I enjoy having you visit. You and I both know we are never going to change the other's mind. But, I enjoy the give and take.

On the Newt's (1st) wife/divorce story, it did make the MsM. I, personnaly, saw it at the time. Certainly you don't think the mainstream media would miss a chance like that! And if he runs, which I think he will, he'll catch hell about all that. However, if he runs, he will certainly put the conservative platform front and center again, where it should be. Whether he'll win, or not, I have my doubts. I see no conservative candidates, anywhere, right now, that excit me, at all.

Keep in mind, about my post here... I enjoy rattling peoples cages. I just love to toss red meat out there and watch to see what happens. I will,from time to time, take what some, on both sides of the political spectrum, would call "extreme" views... or positions. It keeps this site lively and interesting, for me, as well as the readers. At least I hope it does. I try, anyway.

These posts will, in all likelihood, become more strident now that I am on the offense rather than defense. It makes a whale of a difference.

One note, in passing, I could not help but notice you mentioned the Dems interest in the "common man". Please note... both the words "common", and "communist", have the same root word.

Forgive me! I couldn't help it! The "Devil" made me do it!

Hope you have a great day!

As always,
Best regards,
Longstreet