Monday, November 28, 2005

The Emasculated Congress!


(Emasculate: "to remove the testicles of...")


Normally, I post once a day to “IoF” but today, I have something stuck in my craw and I just have to spit it out.

From news reports, over the past few days, including this morning, it is looking more, and more, as if our heroic Congressmen, and Congresswomen, as well as our stalwart Senators are, little by little, convincing themselves that the brave thing to do is surrender in Iraq.

They are seriously talking of a “draw down” of troops within 6 months. Same difference. It is just another way to force our warriors to slink away from a confrontation with the enemies of this country. It is doing damage to the morale of our troops that will, in some cases, never, ever, be repaired. It is also opening the door to the shores of the US for the terrorist.

The sheer ignorance, the sheer cowardice, of our leaders, in the nations legislature, is stunning!

Don’t get in my face and tell me not to question their patriotism! That is exactly what I’m doing!

Your tell me,… how patriotic is running away? How patriotic is yanking the rug out from under the men and women who have sacrificed so much in this war on terror? How patriotic is it to tell the families if those warriors who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, that they died in vain. How patriotic is it to denigrate the Commander in Chief, before the world, in a time of war?

Now, I’m talking about Democrats and Republicans alike, even one from my own Party and my own state! We Tar Heels want him home. He will not be returned to office.

I have been a Republican all my life, since I was old enough to register at the age of 21. I am now in my mid-sixties and I am sick to death of the expressed cowardice in my Party and the total lack of leadership capabilities. Republicans control both houses of Congress and still are too weak to get their iniatives passed! That’s pitiful!

I want a party that will not be swayed from that which is right. I want a party that will tell the MSM to get lost. I want a party that will ram legislation down the throats of Democrats ‘til they choke. I want a party that will stack the Supreme Court with conservatives and make the Congress like it. I want a Party that will advocate total support for our military and will take the leash off and tell them to go win… and use whatever means are necessary. I want a party that will torture the living daylights out of the enemy… if it will save American lives. I want a party that doesn’t give a rip what the remainder of the world thinks of us… period! I want a Party that will wall off our Southern Border (with Mexico) and incarcerate any illegals managing to cross that border, anyway, and force them to spend the remainder of their lives at hard labor maintaining the infrastructure of our transportation system. (Cleaning ditch banks and such!) In short… I want a party with guts, with testicular fortitude!

Look as hard, and as long, as I may, I do not see anything like that in our nation’s capitol. What I DO see is a bunch of wimps! Whining, weaseling, groveling wimps! My God… these are the poor pitiful chumps in charge of America?? May heaven help us, for they surely can’t!

The fools in Congress do not seem to be aware that disengaging from the “insurgents” in Iraq will not be disengagement with the Islamic Terrorists. Not only will Iraq become a part of “Greater Iran” in a matter of weeks, but the terrorist, no longer engaged in Iraq, will find they now have the time on their hands to better organize and begin striking in the heart of America and you can bet your bottom dollar they will.

I urge you to write you Congressmen, and Congresswomen, and Senators, and tell them how utterly shortsighted any move to begin withdrawing our troops from Iraq, anytime before our mission there is complete, will be. Tell them how the safety of your family depends on the US troops keeping those terrorists penned down in Iraq and Afghanistan. But above all, tell them how disgraceful, such a move would be and that you will remember it when you enter the voting booth in 2006 and 2008.

The utter cowardice of those gutless wonders in Congress, and the Senate, is just breath taking. Somehow, we as citizens of this land, must try to screw up enough courage in that helpless, trembling, mass we call the Congress, to shame them into doing the right thing. Not the easy thing, but the right thing.

Not only is their conduct towards the war in Iraq distasteful, it is disgusting and disgraceful!

“Longstreet”

5 comments:

VOX said...

Your Party sounds scary as hell to me...just my 2 cents

Anonymous said...

How about we send the 37% who still march in line with the idiot president? Just a suggestion Longstreet. By the way Longstreet I hope you and yours had a happy thanksgiving, I bet it was better than our soldiers who are dying for a lie or is it just bad intelligence. I said it before and I;ll say it again, "There is no intelligence in this Regime."

Longstreet said...

Frank, it's that 37% who secure your freedom. It seems those who are willing to stand and fight, for the remainder, are always in the minority. Wonder why that is?

Yep, we had a terrific Thanksgiving. Most all the family is back from Iraq now.

Best wishes to you and yours!

Longstreet

melynch said...

How do you defend something that is important to you. My mother told me only a couple times: “I don’t like guns, I never want to use a gun, I don't want to kill anything, but heaven help me, if someone was hell bent on hurting you, I would empty a clip into his head.” I don’t like to hear my mom talk like this. It is scary. But that is love, that is how important I am, and you better believe I felt safe. There wasn’t a single reason good enough for someone to hurt me, didn't matter if I stole his car, someone from my family knocked up his daughter or if we were just really bad. First my mother would defend me fist, teeth and nails. Then she would take the issue of my misbehavior up with me.

It isscary. But my country should provide the same extreme in protection from international attack. I want my country to have strength, honor and courage to do what is right for the sake of the safety and wellbeing of our own people.
Why does it frighten people that we fight for our right to live in freedom from international attacks. Does anyone realize that we HAVE to continue to fight for our rights?

I am a firm believer that some sorts of war is better than some sorts of peace. If being a “peace-loving nation” if it means living like they do in France. HELL NO.
I don't give a crap how Europe feels about the U.S. war on terror. They don't care how we feel about it! I don't care if the whole world hates us. The freedoms available in our country are superior to those in the rest of the world. I don’t want to sacrifice them for Europe’s notion of “peace”. No way.
I want terrorists to be scared as hell. I want every individual, society, regime, nation, and country to know that there are very scary consequences for pissing us off.
It irks me too. It irks me that no one realizes how spoiled they are in this country. It irks me that everyone thinks they (and this country) are invincible. It irks me that the few who have offered their lives to this country are being told to sit and calm down. It irks me how often the pot calls the kettle black and how all other countries experience of America is our anti-America media.
And it downright pisses me off that I cant even find many in my own country that respects my pride for my country.
and last but not least, it's wrong that I get the look when I end my notes with:
God Bless America

Anonymous said...

If it was truly a war on terror, against Afganistan, or Saudi Arabia The true backers of Alquida hell, I'd say NUKE EM leave their whole country like the WTC, irradiate their oil fields and make them defunct! I love the idea of totaly inielating the enemy if it is the enemy! Iraq was not the enemy-Osama hates Sadam, Sadams second in command was CATHOLIC not a muslum.