Monday, September 25, 2006

Writing to the Asylum

As I write, I am about 25 minutes from the small North Carolina town in which Charlie Daniels was raised... and about 50 miles from his birthplace. I point this out, so that if you think my views are outside the norm, then I have to tell you, they are in sync with those of my neighbors here in North Carolina.

For Instance: Charlie says:

“I can see why you think America is a weak race, if you judge us by our media or what our politicians have to say, but I've got a rude awakening for you. That ain't America.


If you want to see America go to a NASCAR race or a Friday night football game at some little town in Texas. Have some eggs and grits in a truck stop in South Georgia, check out a rodeo or pick up basketball game in the Bronx.

Take a look at the people around you and you’ll find that they don't look anything like the pansies you see on TV or the politicians whose pictures are in the newspapers.”

Yep! Right on, Chuck, right on!

Wanna read the entire article?

Then go here:

http://www.multimedia-interactive.com/cdb/view_topic.php?id=3535&forum_id=4


Now, wasn’t that refreshing?

Longstreet

No comments: