Tuesday, June 05, 2007


The Designated Killing Field of Iraq
************
My regional newspaper dutifully, and regularly, publishes the number of American casualties in the paper, in a darkened box, to draw attention to it. (Have I ever mentioned that the New York Times owns my regional paper? That should tell you all you need to know about the bias of my regional newspaper.)

I have not, to my recollection, nor to my knowledge, ever seen a report on the Iraqi causalities, nor the causalities of the insurgents!

I mean, hey, we pay our troops to “kill people and break things”. That’s what they are supposed to do! Yet, we are asked, by the American press, to accept that nearly 4,000 American troops have been killed without knowing how much death they visited upon the enemy before they, themselves, were killed.

Ghoulish? Well, it’s not meant to be. It IS meant to draw your attention to a fact little noticed in the Mainstream Media. And that is that American troops are piling up the bodies of the enemy in Iraq! And that is great! That is what they are trained, and paid, to do! Plus, the more they kill there, the less we will have to fight here!

I saw some estimates that as many as 30,000 to 40,000 Iraqis were killed in the invasion. That was way back in 2003. How many since then? I have no idea. But, I’ll bet you it is a huge number.

Ok, time for the scorecard:

The only figures I have are those from the most recent newspaper for American troops, and those from 2003 for the Iraqis… so, here goes!

Americans….dead: 4,000

Iraqis (including insurgents)… dead: 40,000

Anybody see the rather wide gap here? I mean one wins wars by killing as many of the enemy as one can. So, looking at those, admittedly, outdated figures one can clearly see that our troops are doing the job they were sent over there to do!

I may find myself at odds with the President over the way the war is being handled in Iraq today, and I do. I think we need to be far more aggressive than we are and we need to forget about rebuilding Iraq. Allow the destruction of their country to be a part of the payment they must live with for aligning themselves with terrorists.

On the other hand, I do not disagree with the “unstated reason” for invading Iraq… which, I believe, was to create a “killing field” in the Middle East for the sole purpose of drawing in as many of the Islamofacists as we possibly could… and killing them. I think that is justification enough for the war.

Don’t expect any of our national politicians to tell what I just did. They are much too timid. Yes, Iraq IS a designated “Killing Field”. And we haven’t killed nearly enough Islamofacists… yet.

In my estimation, bringing the troops out now, or anytime within the next generation, will be far too soon. The “War on Terror” has only just begun.

Unfortunately, there are far too many of our national leaders, and “would-be- national-leaders” too frightened to admit that the War on Terror even exists! They’d prefer a criminal justice issue. The problem is, the War on Terror is far too vast for any Criminal Justice System to handle it, or even approach anything like a “good job” at taking the terrorists off the streets. But, by continually pointing out the numbers of American troops killed in the war and never mentioning the vast numbers of the enemy those soldiers have managed to neutralize by taking their lives, they have thrown up a façade which obscures the realities of the war. That façade makes it easier for them to make their case that a War on Terror does not exist. And what is even more troubling is that so many weak-minded Americans have bought into that propaganda.

There is nothing quite so pitiful as a great nation fumbling about in weakness… and nothing so inviting to our enemies, either. The limp wristed Congress, now under leftist control, has inspired our ancient enemy, Russia, to, once again, thumb her nose at us… with impunity.

I suppose I’m an anachronism. A throwback, if you will, to a time when Americans, especially Americans from my part of the continent, would fight the fiercest when all hope was gone. My ancestors fought to their deaths for the honor of defending their family and their country. They lost… with honor. There is NOTHING honorable about what our government is trying to do to the men and women of the US Armed Forces serving in Iraq today.

It is dishonorably… and it is disgusting!


Longstreet
Filed under:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reports I saw were a million Iraqis dead or wounded, honestly the pentagon doesn't track that number. The New York Times was complicit as was all media in this country in spreading the lies (reasons) we were going to war and spread the propaganda of pro war garbage for this administration. The only news critical was BBC and other foreign news. When our right wing media in this country was saying that Colen Powell "nailed it" at his speech the U.N. security counsel and Cheney used the term "slam dunk" and Condi and all the other complicit in the lie we linking Iraq to 911 and using the terms "we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud" all this spin and lies that the idiots believed and media sold, only foreign media said "not so fast" and "the U.S. and G.B. don't need to rush to war." If I had a dime for every time I heard that Iraq was complicit in 9/11 or they have nukes, and I said, "no our mis-leaders are lying" I'd be rich, now funny that I was right (informed and suspicious as a good citizen should be) and all the sheeple are proven wrong they are too arrogant to admit they fell for lies of an evil imperialistic branch of the republican party.....

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, glad you are back.....