Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Remembrance

I had planned to say something eloquent, here today, about remembering the hell rained down on this nation by the practioners of a hellish religion, but, I learned something about myself when I sat down at the keyboard to pound out those rhythmic phrases.... my temperament is just too mercurial. I become angry, and my blood boils, every time I look at the photo above. Maybe it is my genetic makeup of Dutch, German, Flemish, Anglo, Irish, and Native American genes that instigate the waves of passionate rage that are sloshing about in my inner gene pool. I don't know. I'm simply not that intelligent. I DO know this: Forgiveness for those who brought this death and destruction to my fellow Americans is not even near the horizon of my ability to forgive. I will carry this burning hatred to my grave.

So, not having the capacity to say what needs to be said today to salve the feelings of those still in pain from this heinous crime, I bow to a master, one far more gifted than I. My friend, and fellow blogger, Alan Caruba, has done that which I am incapable of. And, so, I would like to direct you to an article he has written for today's remembrance. You'll find it at:

http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2008/09/twin-towers-memories.html

Please click on the link above and visit Alan's site and read what he has written. You deserve better than I could have offered here today.

Thanks,

J. D. Longstreet



1 comment:

TexasFred said...

I couldn't even begin to post in words, put up 2 memorial pics..

I was ready to go to war all over again...