They don’t even bother to deny they are socialists anymore! Have you noticed?
This is a MAJOR step for a party, which has been in transformation since the 1930’s. They have arrived!
What is especially distressing about this transformation of the democrat party into the socialist party is that so many Americans who inherited their party affiliation from their parents are not aware that they are aligned with a party that for decades (nearly a century) has been recognized as an enemy of America! This is frightening!
Yes… whether you choose to believe it or not… there are many Americans who are democrats simply because their parents were democrats and they have never bothered to ask why? Born rebels and skeptics, like myself, would never even consider doing anything... simply because someone else does it... have a lot of difficulty believing this. But, trust me, it is absolutely true.
Now… let’s take a look at the transformation of the democrat party into the socialist party.
First lets look at some important planks in the Platform of the Democrat Socialist Party of America at:
J.B. Williamson over at :
........has an article which speaks out for everyone. It is an extremely informative article and we tell you now… do not go there unless you want to learn something about the democrat party!
In any event, he lists the following:
Taken directly from the Democratic Socialist of America web site:
· Democratic Socialists believe that both the economy and society should be run democratically—to meet public needs.
· Democratic Socialists do not want to create an all-powerful government bureaucracy. But we do not want big corporate bureaucracies to control our society either. Resources are used to make money for capitalists rather than to meet human needs. Social ownership could take many forms, such as worker-owned cooperatives or publicly owned enterprises managed by workers and consumer representatives.
· In the short term we can’t eliminate private corporations, but we can bring them under greater democratic control. The government could use regulations and tax incentives to encourage companies to act in the public interest and outlaw destructive activities such as exporting jobs to low-wage countries and polluting our environment.
· Most of all, socialists look to unions to make private business more responsible.
· Although no country has fully instituted democratic socialism, the socialist parties and labor movements of other countries have won many victories for their people. We can learn from the comprehensive welfare state maintained by the Swedes, from Canada’s national health care system, France’s nationwide childcare program, and Nicaragua’s literacy programs.
· We are not a separate party from the Democratic Party. Like our friends and allies in the feminist, labor, civil rights, religious, and community organizing movements, many of us have been active in the Democratic Party. We work with those movements to strengthen the party’s left wing, represented by the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
· Although capitalism will be with us for a long time, reforms we win now—raising the minimum wage, securing a national health plan, and demanding passage of right-to-strike legislation—can bring us closer to socialism. Many democratic socialists actively work in the single-issue organizations that advocate for those reforms. We are visible in the reproductive freedom movement, the fight for student aid, gay and lesbian organizations, anti-racist groups, and the labor movement.
· Schools, Colleges and Universities are important to American political culture. They are the places where ideas are formulated and policy discussed and developed. Being an active part of that discussion is a critical job for young socialists. We have to work hard to change people’s misconceptions about socialism.
· We call ourselves socialists because we are proud of what we are. No matter what we call ourselves, conservatives will use it against us. Anti-socialism has been repeatedly used to attack reforms that shift power to working class people and away from corporate capital.
Are these the principles and values every member of congress is obligated to under their oath of office? Or are these the very ideas the founders warned us about, that every member of congress is sworn to protect and defend the nation against?
See what I mean? We urge you to drop in on the Democrat Socialist Party of America’s website and stay there a while… and when you come away, you will have a new understanding of the Democrat Party in America.
I’m a veteran of the US military. When I was sworn in I took an oath, as did all service personnel, and as did the President, and Senators, and Congresspersons, to protect and defend the Constitution of the US from ALL enemies… foreign and DOMESTIC! At the time I took that oath (in the 1950’s) I had no idea the domestic enemies of the US would have infiltrated the halls of Congress as they have. What is really galling, however, is the fact that the American people put them there by voting for them at the polling booth. I don’t know why I was surprised! The German people voted Hitler into office, too.
This is a dangerous time in, and for, America. We are at the “tipping point” at which Americans will decide if they wish to remain free or adopt a socialist form of government and give up their freedom(s). I believe Americans will give up their freedom and adopt socialism. Why? Because slavery is much easier than freedom. In slavery you don’t have to make any decisions, you are not held accountable, all you have to do is follow orders. If you do that… you basic needs will be met… food, clothing, shelter, medical care, etc. All you lose is FREEDOM! And socialism is what the Democrat Party is selling! Worse… Americans are clamoring for it like toddlers with their arms outstretched to their parents begging them: “Pick me up, Mommy! Pick me up, Mommy!”.
Socialized medicine, Hillarycare 2.0, is just another step down that path to national destruction for America. Socialism has always ruined even the greatest empires, which adopted it in… any form. Look at the Soviet Union. Better yet, look at the mighty Roman Empire. Remember “Bread and Circuses”? Rome’s attempts to keep the citizens happy with food and entertainment brought the entire empire crashing down over time.
At the risk of being condescending, only the less intelligent among us are begging for socialized medicine and all the other socialized programs the democrats are offering. Those of us, who weigh the damages socialism will do to America, and understand that it is suicide to go there, are holding out… but we are fighting a losing battle. Ignorance will triumph and the victory will be consumed on the blazing pyre of national decay and death.