Friday, August 25, 2006

The GOP is Going to Foist McCain upon GOP Voters!



I’m convinced the GOP is making a huge mistake and one which will cost them Presidency in 2008.

The mistake is John McCain.

Now, here’s why I feel this way:

I believe the GOP believes that Southerners disapprove of Hillary Clinton so much that they will go to the polls, hold their noses, and vote for McCain. It’s not going to happen.

Now, don’t get me wrong. Conservatives are over joyed that democrats seem bent on choosing Hillary Clinton as their Presidential candidate. It’s looked upon as a gift from God. But the GOP negates the entire gain they make, with Hillary’s candidacy, when they choose McCain as the GOP standard bearer.

Why?

Two reasons: McCain insulted the South on his foray through here in the 2000 campaign. We haven’t forgotten… and we do not intend to support anyone, no matter who it is, who “dis-respects” the South.

The second reason is… we don’t believe McCain has the temperament to be President. We feel he will keep the country consistently in a state of turmoil. We don’t like that.

We won’t vote for Hillary, either. We just won’t vote in the Presidential election. I’m assuming that all states have the Presidential race separate, on the ballot, as it is here in NC. One can simply jump right over the Presidential race and complete your ballot while leaving the Presidential race unmarked. If McCain is the GOP candidate, that is what I plan to do and I urge my fellow conservatives in the South, and elsewhere, to do the same.

If Hillary, and McCain, are the two Presidential candidates in ’08, we can expect the lowest turnout, likely, in the history of the US. .

If Hillary can win with just the states, which voted for John Kerry, she will be the next President of the US.

In the case of the GOP, their mind is made up. It’s going to be McCain. Trying to talk to the Party leaders is about as easy as getting an audience with the Pope. Maybe getting in to see the Pope is easier. I learned a very long time ago that the party leaders, of both the Democrat and Republican parties, could not care less what you and I, the lowly voter, wants or thinks. The less they hear from us the better they like it. When they want us to have an opinion… they’ll give it to us.

Well, the GOP is going to hear from Conservative voters in November of ’08. It will be a very loud message and one the GOP is not going to want to hear.

We are not going to vote for McCain… no matter whom the democrat candidate is. Period!


Longstreet

1 comment:

LittleOleLady said...

Couldn't agree more Longstreet.. I have not liked McCain for a long time.. and would either vote for a valid third party conservative or not vote for president at all.

I've seen in the past few weeks the GOP and McCain trying to smooth ruffled feathers of those of us that don't want McCain as the GOP candidate, and I can honestly say it hasn't worked for me, I still don't want him.