Friday, November 30, 2007

Sons of Confederate Veterans are NOT NEO-Confederates!

Sons of Confederate Veterans are NOT NEO-Confederates!
********************

I have a burr under my saddle and it is aggravating me to the point of flat out anger! So, I’m gonna spit it out... as forcefully as I allow myself to do on this site... in hopes of enlightening at least some of you folks who have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

The burr under my saddle???

Those of you who use the word “NEO”-Confederate when referring to a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, or to the organization as a whole, allow me to set you straight.

Members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans are definitely not “NEO” (New) confederates.

In order to become a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans you must be a male descendent of a Confederate soldier. You must have the same DNA as your Confederate Soldier ancestor, the same blood must flow in your veins as it did in the veins of your Confederate Soldier ancestor.

No, the Sons of Confederate Veterans are certainly not NEW. And to refer to us as “NEO” is insulting and unworthy of an American citizen from either the north or south. It is, in my mind, justification for bringing back dueling!

Further, I will not have it on this site. If you wish to have your comments published here, you will refrain for using the word "NEO" when referring to the Sons of Confederate Veterans or you can forget ever being published on INSIGHT on Freedom!


Deo Vindice!


Longstreet
Filed under:

No comments: