Tuesday, April 12, 2005

No "Gays" in the US Military.

Dear Reader: Beginning Monday, April 18th, the title of this Blog will change form “Rebel Yell” to “Insight”.

The new name will more accurately reflect what we do here. Although we will continue to touch on Southern Heritage issues, and Southern Culture issues, we will be commenting on a wide ranging variety of subjects from the “Current Events” of the day.

Thank you for the many visits you have made to this site and we ask, humbly, that you continue to visit “Insight” often.

“Longstreet”

****************
No “Gays” in the US Military.

A sergeant in the US Army, on active duty overseas, has now admitted to being “gay. The question floating among the MSM is whether this sergeant must be allowed to return to his unit in Iraq.

The answer is no!

For better or worse we have the “do not ask, do not tell “policy in the US Military and he has broken the regulations by volunteering that he is gay. That alone is enough to drum him out of the service.

As a veteran, I do not like the “Do not tell, do not ask”, policy… at all. I want to know who is in the line of battle beside, and behind, me at all times.

The US military is the best in the world. To keep it that way, we need to rid the services of homosexual soldiers now in the ranks.

The first thing the MSM begins to scream is that other countries have “gay” soldiers in their ranks. Well, that is true. But, tell me, how do the militaries of those countries, with gays in their ranks, stack up against the military of the US. They’re pathetic, aren’t they?

I rest my case.

If you want to have the US military involved in a great sociological experiment, then you will want to pull them off the front lines. They US military is trained to fight, and win wars. They kill people and break things. That is their role in the society of the US. There is no room for a moderating influence of societal experimentation in today’s ranks. I don’t expect there ever will be.

The Military has been having some problems recently recruiting. If they think they have problems now, just let them return the gay sergeant to duty in Iraq. As a parent, I certainly would not encourage my son, or daughter, to join an Army with known homosexuals already in it.

We suggest the military cleanse itself of all “gay” personnel at once.

Your Obedient servant,

“Longstreet”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you ACTUALLY implying that gays make other armies in the world crappy? Are you that narrow minded? Obviously. Look past your own self. As a soldier in the Army RIGHT NOW, I tell you that I would have no problem serving with a gay person. At least they aren't as bigotted as you.

Longstreet said...

Yes!

I believe homosexuality is a contributing factor to the "crappiness", as you call it, of the other armies in the world. Indeed I do.

Thank you for your kind comments and visit oiften!

"Longstreet"

Anonymous said...

I was an E-5 (SGT)in the Army for 7 years before leaving with an honorable discharge in 1998. I have served with 4 known homosexuals during my career and I must tell you based on my experience with these soldiers they are just as professional as other soldiers. I suggest to you to try not to judge someone simply based on their sexual orientation and when you make comments like that have proof that morale is lowered or performance of the military is lowered. I, as a former soldier, and husband with no childeren-yet, can assure you that if a soldier is threatned by a homosexual presence in the military then that soldier must not be secure in their sexuality. Let God judge the individual. We as Americans have bigger problems then worrying about gays. Finally, I think it's ridiculous to shy your children away from the military if a gay person is serving. Aren't you aware that there are gay students at their school? One or two may even be their friends. So, please live and let live.

Anonymous said...

Being in the military I serve my country and everything it was founded on. Our forefather founded this great nation on biblical princibles, in saying that the bible doesn't just call homesexuality a sin but an abomination to God. Start with getting the gays out of the military then we'll work on our country.