Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Sincerest Apologies To The Readers of INSIGHT ON FREEDOM.



My sincerest apologies to the readers of INSIGHT ON FREEDOM.
*******************

I have been in the hospital from last Sunday evening until today… Sunday September 9th... with numerous internal infections and inflammations. As of this writing, I am still too weak to do much “blogging”. I hope you will understand. As soon as I am able, I’ll be back at it "with both guns blazing".

Sorry I missed Fred’s announcement. I’ll have much to say on his campaign as it matures.

Just wanted you to know where I have been… and… that I have not abandoned my post here.

If you have made comments and they have not appeared… that is why. Hopefully I’ll be able to do some posting tomorrow.

In closing:


"I'm Bent... but I'm not bowed.


I am hurt… but I’m not slain.

So, I’ll lay me down and rest a bit…

And then I’ll rise to fight again”.


Best regards to all of you…the intrepid readers, and contributors, and commentators on this site!

Back soon!


Longstreet


Fied under:

21 comments:

TexasFred said...

Take care my friend, my own blogging has been lite because of health problems of late, I wish you nothing but the best, and a speedy and full recovery, and remember, any day on this side of the grass is a pretty good day...

Bushwack said...

Get well soon, we need some of your wit these days....hurry back and know you are missed.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are ill. Hope you're up, out and about soon.

I have carried that little poem in my wallet for over 30 years, although it starts out with :

I am a little wounded
but
I am not slain....etc

I do think I like your version better !
Best to you.

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

I know what it's like to be cooped up in a hospital for a week and not being able to blog. I had a bad case of cellulitis back in June and Texas Fred gave me a lot of support then too. We do so need all our conservative bloggers on the front lines given the current state of our union. Good to have you back. My families prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Mo from mofizixgr4fix.com

BTW, I am also very pro Thompson for POTUS!

rich glasgow said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...get better...the fact that you're out of the hospital and back home again means you're out of the woods....rest up and eat something healthy.

See you back online real soon!

Anonymous said...

Texas Fred said you were ailing. You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Hope you are back to blogging soon.

Mary said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Longstreet!

Take care. :)

Sage said...

Hey I hope you get better soon and start writing again.
Peace,
Sage

Willy said...

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hillbilly Willy – Fun – Food and Politics
knowing tht

The Rural Life is a Great Life
yes
The Rural Life is a Great Life in Arkansas

1389 said...

Get the rest you need, and get well soon!

James Shott said...

Hope you're back on your feet soon.

Anonymous said...

Relax, take it easy, heal! The world needs all the RIGHT voices it can get!

Get better real quick! Prayin' for a speedy comeback.

cary said...

Hope you are up and about soon, Longstreet.

a.k.a. Blandly Urbane said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you; keep your attitude as positive as possible; try to consider it a well deserved rest or break and everything I've said is easier said than done.

Get well soon

LoveMyTanker said...

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes sir. Get better soon so you can straighten me out, 'ole buddy....

The Chief said...

Best wishes Longstreet,

I've been down myself with a pinched nerve and can't type much.

Basti said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Get well soon we can't afford to lose a good Conservative.

Joe said...

Hey I enjoy stopping in to read what what you have to say. I hope you feel better soon and take it easy.

Joe from The RW Zone

Bill Smith said...

Get well soon - your voice is needed!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you are not feeling 100%. Hope that you make a speedy recovery.
Best wishes.