Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Shakedown Called Reparations!!!

Reparations for Slavery Equals Blackmail!!!

The Reparations Movement is a shakedown of the citizens of the United States. Plain and simple! It has one goal and that is to squeeze as much money out of guilty liberals as is humanly possible. Liberals with their boat loads of guilt are lining up to fill the coffers of those sharp enough, and smart enough, to strike the ever willing liberals in their exposed bleeding hearts!

Look, this is utter B.S.! There is, I dare say, NOT a single human being alive today who is NOT descended from slaves. White, black, red, yellow, the color of one’s skin makes no difference. At one time all of our ancestors were slaves! Heck, we even have European countries, and Europeans themselves, whose very names and race is/are derived from the word SLAVE (Slav). Oh, by the way, those folks are white.

And another thing… who has to pay… and who doesn’t??? Does the white man, only, have to pay? Well, what about the Black slave holders, the Native American slaveholders, the Chinese slaveholders, and on and on. The largest slaveholder in the country, at one time, lived just a few miles from where I sit as I write this post. He was a free BLACK MAN!

Do not try to put a guilt trip on me! I have no guilt for slavery in the US, or anywhere else. It was an accepted practice at the time. If you just can’t live with yourselves unless you bemoan the wickedness of the folks in the early periods of this country owning slaves, then you must allow for their reaction to the immoral practice of abortion in this country today. How do you think they’d react to modern America’s murdering of unborn babies?

Now, those of you who swear that the "War of Northern Aggression" was fought to free the slaves, (It wasn’t by the way) wouldn’t you think the price has already been paid in the blood of Northern Soldiers on the battlefields of this country. Nearly 650,000 (both Sides) men gave their lives in that struggle. I tell you now, that had thousands of men given their lives for my freedom, I’d be ashamed, embarrassed beyond belief, to ask for money on top of the blood they spilled for my freedom.

Now, as a Southerner, one who studies the history of this country and the “War of Northern Aggression”, I can tell you, without hesitation, that the SO-CALLED Civil War was not fought to free the slaves. It was fought, as Lincoln said: to Preserve the Union. The Northern armies invaded, conquered, and occupied the country of my ancestors. (The CSA) Then they proceeded to destroy, that which the war had not already destroyed, during their so-called Reconstruction period.

The South was NOT invaded to free slaves. The South was invaded because the South wanted to be free of an oppressive, overbearing, Federal Government, much like we have today. THAT’S WHY the South was invaded! For a short span of four years the South WAS free… ruled only by her people and the voice of her God!

If you think I’m angry about this, you are damned right I am. I had to back away from the computer and take a breather to get myself together in order to continue.

Look, the Emancipation Proclamation freed NOT A SINGLE SLAVE!!! If you doubt me, look it up. Then read it carefully and it will become obvious, before you ever reach the end of it, that the document was meant to create foment in the Confederate held territories and… no slaves were freed by it. None were ever meant to be!

When the hostilities broke out, in April of 1861, the two cities in the country with the most slaves, per capita, were Charleston, South Carolina, (The Holy City) and New York City!!

If the war had been about slavery, why wasn’t New York invaded and the slaves set free?

When news got out that Lincoln was going to institute a draft, to gather men for the US Army to go South and free the slaves, there were draft riots in New York as have never been seen before. Northern men declared, openly, they would not fight to free the black man. They set buildings aflame and hung black men from lampposts along the avenues of that city.

Illinois, yes, the Land of Lincoln, was a slave holding state!

I am past being tired of having the albatross of slavery hung around the neck of the south! SLAVERY WAS LEGAL, IT WAS CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED, and it was practiced by both northern and southern states.

I will not condemn the folks of the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, of America, for taking part in an accepted practice, a legal activity. I will not. I can’t. I’m not that GOOD! I live in an America where unborn babies are killed by the millions. That forever taints me.

So, unless you are looking to be insulted do not approach me about supporting Reparations for slavery. If you want to take advantage of some poor weak-minded liberals then, have at it. But, be prepared to be shaken to your roots when you approach a conservative. We see it for what it is and want no part of it!

How anyone can keep a straight face when demanding the ancestors of slaveholders pay money to descendents of slaves... when the slaveholder had committed no crime… is totally beyond me.

Longstreet

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being Italian would I qualify for reparations for what Hannibal did to my ancestors? Seriously "Ole' Wise one" I totally oppose this. As for the fact I never owned a slave, I just don't feel responsible. My family, on my Fathers side wasn't here until around WWI although the Martin's on my mom's side may have just helped throw the tea in the harbor. As a Liberal sir, I hate it when you accuse us (liberals) of all this crap, your guys are in control, if anything gets done it will be under their watch! Everything you accused the Left of being I have seen come to pass under these Republicans in Congress, the white house and supreme court and you sir being of sound mind... I assume, turn a blind eye to it all.

TexasFred said...

Awesome post Longstreet... I am glad I held off and let you have this one, you covered it a lot better than I would have... And you were nicer too...

Longstreet said...

Oh, ,I assure you, I don't turn a blind eye to any of it. They hear from me. Often.

Enjoy your vacation??

Longstreet said...

Thank you, Fred! I consider that quite a compliment!

Anonymous said...

Yes I did! Enjoy your 4th? Now I am a little burried here at work.

Longstreet said...

"Yes I did! Enjoy your 4th?
***************
Good! Glad you have a good time. The wife and I had a quiet 4th. No grands, no cook outs, no nothing... but peaceful quiet. It was lovely!

Anonymous said...

Good! Glad you have a good time. The wife and I had a quiet 4th. No grands, no cook outs, no nothing... but peaceful quiet. It was lovely!
*****************

Those can be the best times!